I was looking for photos and recipe for alcoholic drink made by blueberries that we drink in Slovenia and we call it “borovničke”. I found it =)) And I also found recipe for Blåbärssoppa. If u add alcohol is almost the same and u don’t have to wait some months to make it perfect. Like in ”borovničke” u put in big glass some bluberries and sugar and bluberries and sugar again. Then u put all on the sun and u wait for some months that sugar melts (u can add some wother also, probablly the proces go faster, don’t know jajajajaja ). After that happens u add some strong alcohol mix all together and leave to rest for some more time…. after all that u have “borovničke”. It’s really good!!! And depense of how much sugar u put in it, could be really sweet or not so sweet.
Here is recipe for Blåbärssoppa ( I really wanna hear how they pronunce this xDDDD ) –> editing =p here u can hear how they say http://www.forvo.com/search/Bl%C3%A5b%C3%A4rssoppa/
6 servings blåbärssoppa with blueberries
- 4 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 2 quarts cold water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 slice lemon
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 tablespoons corn starch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Clean and rinse the blueberries. Frozen blueberries do not need to be rinsed.
- Place blueberries, 2 quarts cold water, sugar, lemon and cinnamon in a large saucepan.
- Simmer over low heat for approximately 30 minutes (until fruit becomes soft).
- Mix corn starch into remaining 1/4 cup cold water slowly until smooth and add the corn starch mixture into the blueberry liquid.
- Continue cooking over low heat until soup has thickened slightly.
- Soup can be served warm during winter or cold during summer
They drink this like energy drink befoure they go skiing, ski runing…. befoure any sport activity. Mybe this is salvation for our skiiers =)) If we give them this to drink mybe they’ll ski better and we’ll win more times (y)